Sunday, October 19, 2008

First Halloween

This was at our church Halloween party.  We were asked to bring Halloween themed finger food.  I brought a queso dip.  Ground beef, green onions, chopped tomatoes and velveeta cheese, can you say yummo!  Served with tortilla chips.  There must have been five plates of mummies, bread dough wrapped weiners...  Anyways, there were stations around the gym: grabbing apples on strings, jail, face painting, bowling, bean bag toss, cake walk, friendly witch story telling and a spook alley.  Different families decorated a classroom and/or door and the children went trick or treating around the building to the classrooms.  I think they went around three times before I was out of candy!  This is Sydney, she is Hermione from Harry Potter.
Taylor is a Knight... kind of.  She started out wanting to be a pirate, then put on an old football jersey of Todd's to be a football player, then ended up with part of her Knight outfit.  She was a half knight...
This is Bryant "bowling" down pumpkins, notice the pumpkin in mid-air!  Right on Bry!  How about rolling it next time, like everyone else.
This is Rylee Mitchell and Bryant, she is his good friend and is a monkey.  The guy behind them is a visitor or a grandchild of someone.  I'm trying to say, I don't know who he is!  Bryant is Woody from the Toy Story films, missing his gun...again!  I finally took off his sheriff's badge as it was always lost!
This was Bryant's favorite game, the bean bag toss.  He has a good throwing arm and was in his element!

3 comments:

The Wi Family said...

So you brought the queso dip-Delicious!!! I want to make it! And, I brought some of those "mummies" or "monster toes"... I thought I was being so creative. Ha, ha!!

kacie said...

so cute. our halloween party is tonight. we are having a soup/chlli cookoff contest. hopefully i will win! ya right.

Brianne said...

So I don't know if you have your comments emailed to you or not, but I know the kid who was standing behind Bryant and Rylee. He is our friend that we brought! His name is Ethan. Now you know :-).