Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Whoopies

I saw these yummy things on www.cuisinenie.blogspot.com and they are so good. You must try!



Pumpkin Spice Whoopies

for the cookies:

1 cup canned pumpkin

1/3 cup butter, softened

1 package spice cake mix

2 eggs

1/2 cup milk

for the marshmallow spice filling:

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened

2 cups powdered sugar, sifted

half of a 7-oz. jar marshmallow cream

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil (grease foil, if using).

2. In a large mixing bowl, beat pumpkin and butter on medium until smooth. Add cake mix, eggs, and milk; beat on low speed until combined, and then on medium speed for one minute.

3. By the heaping tablespoon, drop mounds of batter on cookie sheet; keep remaining batter chilled. Bake 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned around edges. Carefully remove from parchment or foil; cool on wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, using new parchment paper for each batch.

If desired, place cookies in a covered storage container with waxed paper between layers to prevent sticking. Store cookies at room temperature for 24 hours. Prepare marshmallow spice filling up to 2 hours before serving.

4. To make marshmallow spice filling, beat 1/2 cup softened butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar, marshmallow cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until well combined.

5. Spread about 2 1/2 tablespoons filling on flat side of one cookie; top with a second cookie. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 2 hours.

Makes 15 whoopies.

5 comments:

The Wright Stuff said...

ummmm.... I REALLY wish we lived by you right about now! :)

The Wi Family said...

YUM!!!! Definitely going to try those!

Tari said...

I Love anything with pumpkin!!!! These look amazing! Did they taste as good as they looked???? Will add to my baking projects!!!

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh, these look good!!! I bet Dad would love them. I bet I would love them!! I've been working on your print order today. I love the image that you chose for the enlargement of Tay. She has such a nice expression. A gust of wind must have come up just as we took that shot, because she has some very pronounced flying hairs. I have been working on taming the hairs in Photoshop for OVER AN HOUR and I am about to LoSe My MiND!!!!!!!!!! Augh!!!!!!!!!!Some backgrounds lend themselves to making stray hair disappear, but this background does not!!!!! I still think you chose a great picture and it will be worth it in the end, but I am FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW AND MY BACK IS ON FIRE FOR SITTING SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caroline said...

I think I am going to make those for dessert at Thanksgiving. My dad will love them. My kids too.