Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Crown...

Okay...what we have here is my drilled down stub of a tooth, the one in the middle. Two weeks ago I sat in the chair for an hour and a half while they replaced the filling in the middle of the center tooth from the photo. After the filling was done they then drilled and sanded my tooth down to a stub, molded my tooth and fitted me with a temporary crown. Today I went in and once again I can't feel the whole right side of my head! This is a great deterant to eating... who wants to eat when you can't taste a thing?! They removed the temporary crown and fitted my nice wonderful permanent crown! My dentist found it quite funny that I would ask for a photo of my tooth stub. No one has ever asked before! I didn't tell him I wanted to blog about it though. I find this whole ordeal fitting as I turned 40 years old yesterday! What will need fixing next?

5 comments:

Brianne said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!

Paige said...

...and I thought you were going to talk about a birthday crown! What a great birthday present.

The Wi Family said...

Love that you blogged about it. And the doc did a great job at the picture--very close up, clear shot ;) Hope you're not in any pain!

Michelle said...

Nathan just went through a dental nightmare this past month. I hope your crown works out for you.

Unknown said...

Please let me take a picture of the finished crown to show everyone how nice it looks! Dr. Kay