Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reflections Art Project

As I mentioned before, Sydney made it to District with her pen and paper drawing. The theme was "Beauty is..." The children could use art, photography, music composition, or literature to express their interpretation of the theme. The top 50 participants out of hundreds were invited to attend the awards ceremony, they all left with a ribbon and certificate. Sydney was pretty excited, even with her Honorable Mention!
The boy on the far left and Sydney on the far right were both from our school in the top three in the art catagory. The boy in the middle continued on to the state level of competition.
This is our friend Josh from church who entered a photograph of the sunset at Cannon beach. And we didn't think we'd know anyone! He attends another school in the area.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Yea, Sydney!

I was noticing that your hair looked very cute today.

The Wright Stuff said...

That is seriously soo cool! I want a copy of it... it'd be a cute wall decal!