Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Armed Gunman Hike

 My good friend Stephanie and I hike on Wednesday mornings for a couple of hours or so. We head up to Cougar Mountain because it is so close to us and gives us more time to actually hike!  The reason is I have to tutor students in math and reading at 1pm, so time is limited.  We have so much fun, talk the whole time and get exercise!  This photos is from last week's hike.  It was a bit rainy as we started our ascent and at the top is was lightly snowing.  There was about an inch of snow on the ground and it was gorgeous!  I love the snow!  I love it because I like to be able to go out in it and then go inside and be cozy and look at it out my window.  I guess that is the homebody part of me coming out!  Anyways it was so beautiful and peaceful, not a sound anywhere!  This is why we love it up there in the trees!  While we were hiking we heard a helicopter...hmmm...
Then on our way down we noticed it was still around, hmmmm, wonder what is going on?  Then as we near the carpark we notice lights.  Then as we get to the car we notice more lights, there were police cruisers everywhere!  There were armed burglars in the woods somewhere!  Somewhere, they didn't know where!  They could have been on the mountain with us, who knew.  They wouldn't let anyone leave the carpark area and so we sat for half and hour, waiting...  then all of a sudden three for four cruisers took off towards the golf course and the YMCA, I'm pretty sure they got them, because they opened up the road to the right and he left heading towards Issaquah.  Needless to say I was late for my tutoring job!  What an experience!  CrAzY!  But we survived without being carjacked! HA!  And we are heading there again today! 


1 comment:

aubreyannie said...

that is CRAZY. i saw your post on facebook when it happened. i'm soo glad you guys were safe and didn't run into them!