Thursday, August 2, 2012

YW Camp

 I was really happy when I was asked to be the Third Year Level Assistant Leader this year at YW Camp.  I wanted to be there because it was Sydney's first year, just in case she missed me and got homesick, and Taylor was on her fourth year hike and I wanted to be there when she returned.  I was at the Rock wall with the third years and raced back when we heard they were on their way back!  When I got there we all make a tunnel for them to run through and Taylor was no where to be seen!  I asked one of her leaders if she forgot to bring her home with her... apparently, being the stinker she is, she ran away from the tunnel and towards the river and was coming back when I finally found her.  What a party pooper!  So up above is Sydney and her friends doing morning aerobics at 6:46am!
 Here she is participating in the Polar Dip in freezing cold river water!  Once was enough for her!  Some people do it every morning.
 Camp was so much fun and it was nice to be there for Sydney to find me and check in!  I got a hug and kiss every night from her.  She stepped on a dead bee at home before she came to camp and the stinger didn't come out and Todd told her to ice it.  So all week she had to deal with a festering stinger stuck in her foot, poor girl.  Taylor, after the hike we had a day and a half at camp together and I'd see her every once in awhile.  She would never admit, but she'd come by to see how I was doing...  :)  No pictures though.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

That's so fun that you were able to go to camp with your girls!