I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to figure this out! Bryant does so much better in a smaller class for swimming lessons. He had this same teacher in level one with four or five other kids in his class. This means there is way too much sitting around waiting time, not good for Bry. He wouldn't listen to his teachers or swim for them and they would sit him out of the pool because he was non-responsive to them. I finally bribed him with bowling and the next lesson he did everything he was asked to do! I went down to talk to the teacher after the lesson and she said, "Wow! I didn't know he could do it, he could do everything we asked him to!" Ha ha, only on his time, when he wants to! I was getting so frustrated that he wouldn't even try, I knew he could do everything he was being asked to do because he did this and more all summer long at the pool with me! After that session ended and he passed, I put him in the last time slot for lessons at 7pm and it is him and a girl in his class. The same teacher even, funny. He gets so much more swim time and has learned so much more this time around! We will be keeping the late time slot from now on! More swim time is good for this busy boy!
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment