Sunday, January 18, 2009

Toxic Fumes mistake

I turned on the oven earlier this week and opened the door to put the cookies in and ugh!  Toxic heat wave!  My eyes were burning!  I turned off the oven, but smoke continued to billow out!  We had the stove fan on and two fans blowing it out the slider door near the kitchen.  It was freezing outside too!  Then I decided to clean the oven...wrong thing to do.  It was horrible, as we were at home!  I won't make that mistake again.  Next time I clean the oven, it will be summer so we can go outside!  Those cookies were darn good too!
Aunt Rhonda's cookies

1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup oatmeal
about 2 cups (or more) of any combination: chocolate chips, M&M's, chopped pecans, macadamia nuts, pistachios, coconut, raisins or craisins or other dried fruit (mango, apples, etc) 

Cream butter and sugars.  Add vanilla and eggs.  Beat mixture until lighter in color and fluffier texture.  Incorporate dry ingredients.  Then add chocolate chips/nuts, etc.  

Bake at 375 F for 9-11 minutes.

I added chocolate chips, M&M's, craisins and macadamia nuts.  Oh, my, gosh!  The chocolate, sweet and salty was the best combo!  Enjoy!




















1 comment:

The Wi Family said...

Those WERE awesome cookies. Thanks for posting the recipe-I was going to ask you for it. I put them in the freezer the day you brought them because I'm trying to only eat treats on Sunday--so I ate them after church :) Thanks