A few months ago we went to dessert at some new friends and saw that they had a chalkboard wall in their house, and that was all Taylor could talk about! Taylor received chalk board paint for a Christmas present from Gpa & Gma Jensen this year and so she painted a wall in her room on her own... she got the ceiling, other wall and carpet too. I was busy at the time and she just couldn't wait for me to help her. This is after one coat of paint. I went and bought another quart of paint and I painted two more coats after this photo was taken. The dark brown in the middle of the photo used to be a tree trunk, she never finished with the tree leaves. She has a jungle theme and has an elephant and monkey she painted on the other walls.
Sorry about the turned photo, I get it all fixed in my I-photo, but when I pull it from there it still looks like this and is flopped. So the other project of the past couple of weekends is this room...my laundry room. As you can see, I have a tiny pathway to the washer and dryer and the rest is a big mess. Todd said he'd make me some shelves to get organized...
Two weekends ago, he bought and made all the cuts in the wood...stay tuned for final results, I'm still working on the organizing thing!

2 comments:
The picture in your header is so cute!
I'm excited to see pictures of the finished projects.
I can't wait to see the results!
Myrnie and I were talking about chalkboard walls yesterday. Looks like fun!
Post a Comment