Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sydney's birthday party... Ice Skating!

Sydney making a wish on her homemade ice cream cake, the secret... ice cream sandwiches layered in fudge sauce with chopped oreos... can you say yum!
Three girls from school who Sydney invited didn't show up or even RSVP!  Can you believe the nerve?  What is it with people not RSVPing, I don't get it?  The two that did show up were the ones she likes best anyways, so it all turned out alright.  We had a blast ice skating.  It was Eden's first time skating, the blond, and she had so much fun.  She started out with a walker and by the end she was all on her own.  Her mom said it was all she could talk about the rest of the day!  Valerie and Sydney had both been skating a few times before hand.  Valerie's little sister is the one pushing the bucket around the rink right behind the girls below.



Just don't look too close, I'm a whale!  I can't remember when the last time I actually went skating, years for sure...  After half a lap around, my arches hurt so bad, after two laps, that was it!  I couldn't take the pain any longer!  I sat in the hockey bench area and took photos.  Cathy, Valerie's mother ended up next to me after awhile.  She said it is old age... it is creeping up ever so fast!  

4 comments:

kacie said...

Your not a whale. I probably still weigh more than you. Looks like fun i havent been ice skating for years either.

Mandy said...

The bucket and walker are such good ideas! We may have to try them the next time we go skating! Glad you had fun!

Michelle said...

Darn that old age. I had an emotional meltdown when I found my first gray hair. I made Nathan pull it out. He's under strict orders to REMOVE any signs of aging!

Michelle said...

Kelly, I'm so sorry, but with everything that's been going on with Ethan, I still haven't mailed your snowflakes. I promise I'll mail them before Thanksgiving!