Two of my sisters and their families came from Walla Walla, Washington Wednesday night for the weekend. This is Thursday morning after, we're bored! Todd went to play in the Turkey Bowl with some friends from church, my brother in laws weren't interested, and so I walked the kids to the park nearby. On the walk home I carried one scooter and a trike! The little ones were too tired and Bryant was walking the dog.
This is Sophie. She belongs to Grandpa and Grandma Jensen. The came in Sunday night and flew out Monday morning to Texas to stay with Todd's sister for a week and a half. We were dog sitting. The first night we had her on our own was a nightmare. I went out to get the mail in the evening, Todd was in Portland, and Sydney was to shut the door so the dog wouldn't get out. I came back in and asked where the dog was... no one knew. We searched the house everywhere! Then I drove the neighborhood with Sydney in the car yelling, "Sophie" in the freezing, dark! I recruited my friend and her daughter who searched near their home, they are a couple of blocks from us, in the cold and dark... No luck! So after nearly 45 minutes Taylor called me. She had found the dog under her bed, asleep! It must have been really tired to not have answered us, the many times we called her! Or, maybe she was just scared and was just hiding from us! The only thoughts running through my mangled mind was having to call Todd's Dad and tell him we lost his baby and she was out there freezing somewhere, or hope that someone took her in and was calling the name on her collar... except for the fact that they were still in the air flying to Texas and that it would be late by the time they got the message and then called me to pick her up... oh the thoughts rushing through my head and to top it all off... Todd was in Oregon and no help at all! So, I'd like you to meet Sophie! Bryant refused to take off his helmet after riding his bike to the park.
This is my sister Shana, she was in charge of craft for the kids to do. They made pilgrim hats and turkeys, they sure were yummy! Sydney, was of course, the last one working... she is so detail oriented! Aren't they cute?
Taylor enjoying some snack foods, we ate dinner around 3:30pm.
1 comment:
Those crafts are adorable!!!
Post a Comment