
This is what happened to me today. I had an appointment at the doctor's for an injection at noon. I came out at 12:20 and saw that my van had a flat tire! Ugh! Todd is always out of town when things go bad. So I called him, what do I do. I was waiting and hoping he would tell me to call AAA or road side assistance... no, he said get out the manual, read it and change the tire! What???? Are you kidding? I've been shown how to change a tire several different times, like in Young Women's... but to actually do it on my own... I was trying to think of someone to come help me or at least sit with me and talk me through it. So, then I thought of whose husband might be home during the day... I called my friend Kristina, whose husband works for his family business and is sometimes home during the day, he is also a student. She was nearby and was meeting him, luckily and came by to help. By the time they drove up, I had the car jacked up and was taking off the bolts to get the tire off. He helped with the rest. The hardest part was getting the jack out of the car! I had to read that you are supposed to twist it to shrink it to pull it out of the slot! Ugh! Then it took forever to jack it up cranking it ever so slowly... but now I know that I could do it if it were to ever happen again! Then two more hours at Les Schwab. My tire was irrepairable, they said. I knew they were getting pretty bad... so now I have four brand spankingly new tires! Boy do I ever feel safe! :) By the way this is my first time copying a photo that I didn't take to my blog, hope it turns out okay.

5 comments:
that sucks. Im sorry. At least you know how. I dont know what to do either. Just watched in the past.
Ok, Todd's comment sounds like something Scott would have said.....I have had that exact thing happen to me....a couple of times. And yes, they are always out of town when it happens....why is that???
Well Kelly, 2 summers ago finally got me AAA. I never have had a flat tire but a week after getting AAA I had a flat at a store and they came and changed it with in 1/2 hour and off I went. It's great.
Ya know what Kelly next time don't ask the man just call for help!!!
I still feel bad that it took so long for us to get there!!! Glad Bryce was able to help at least a little :)
Post a Comment