Monday, August 17, 2009

Because I watched K. today...I got to work on my quilt! K. and Bryant played so well, despite a couple of bumps out on the trampoline. Bry so enjoys playing with his guy friends, they aren't so fragile! I was laying out my quilt blocks to see what I still needed to do or redo and had some fun. I noticed while re-doing a couple of blocks that it is so much easier the second time around! I went fabric shopping with Todd's mother while in Portland at her favorite shop, Mill End, for some more color choices. She refused to take me to JoAnn's, it is such inferior fabric and will not do! he he! I will admit I was a bit scared of her choices at first. She kept telling me to wait and lay them all out together and it will look great. I am so happy she helped me pick them out, I was being way too matchy matchy and am so happy with the ones we got. For the class I am taking, our blocks are "due" the end of August, then we work on binding them, or putting them together, should be fun!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm jealous. I have always wanted to take a quilting class. I have fabric sitting in my closet for a 4th of July quilt, but I haven't even cut it yet.

Jack and Melanie said...

I love the color combination you have picked. Is the quilt for a particular room/bed?

Mandy said...

Thank you for taking Kimball at the last minute!! I can't imagine trying to "contain" him in the ER! I'm glad it wasn't a completely wasted day and that you got a few things done!

McKenzie Family said...

Beautiful! I know what you mean about choosing colors. Some of the fabric at Joann's is ok. You just have to feel them and make sure they aren't cheap.