Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fruit Fly Trap

Directions for a fruit fly trap...

Find a jar or container. I like to use something clear so I can see if I am actually catching anything. Next you need some fruit. I have found tomatoes and berries to be very effective, something juicy. Then you need a piece of paper rolled into a cone, the hole in the end should be no larger than the tip of a pen and tape to support the shape. Then put it into the jar and make sure there is plenty of room and it isn't touching the bottom or the fruit. Then tape around the top of the jar so they won't slip out that way. They can crawl in but cannot get out. I love it! I've also tried putting saran wrap over a container and securing it with a rubber band, then poking holes in the saran wrap on top with a toothpick. We always have fruit too and it won't always fit in the fridge. Good luck!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks! I am going to try it.

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, THAT'S how you do it!! Thanks for the 'tute!!