Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wicked!

So last week I went to see Wicked with some girlfriends of mine and had so much fun! Had a great Italian pasta meal at Buca's and then was amazed with the musical... so much talent. One of my friends attended the same school in NYC as the wicked witch of the west! She can sing too! It was so much fun and a great story line of how the good witch and the bad witches, of the movie The Wizard of Oz, became who the are. My friend Ali and I thought it would be so much fun to take our daughters who are the same age and friends too! So I took Sydney for her early 10th birthday present! It was so much fun watching their facial expressions as the musical went along! So much joy! Both girls are way too dramatic and love to sing and dance. It was perfect! Now I need to remember not to buy her anything else for her birthday in October.




I have to tell the whole story...we left early with plenty of time and it was a good thing! I was rear-ended on 405 south. And if you know the Seattle area, 405 either way is horrible to drive on at any time of the day, let alone 6:30 pm-ish! We got off the highway and exchanged information, we were all okay as we weren't going too fast when it happened, and made it to the musical only to be charged twice by the stupid machine for parking! So Ali has to deal with that mess and I get to have my van looked at to see if there was any damage underneath that isn't noticable to a woman who doesn't know anything about cars except how to drive them. Oh, I did change a tire once with a little help from a friend! We were tired, but we made it home safe and sound! What an experience we will never forget! Happy early Birthday Sydney!

5 comments:

The Wright Stuff said...

Awesome! (well, minus the getting rear-ended and getting double charged for parking!) I sent you an email earlier today about tickets, but I just cancelled my flight that i had booked. I guess we'll have to try next time it comes to town! :)

The Allens said...

We had such a lot of fun! Thanks for the memories-- both the happy and the not-so-happy (ie: car wreck) : ) --ali

Aaron said...

Shari and I are seeing this Oct. 1, she's pretty excited.

The Wi Family said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you got to go again with the girls!!! I'm sure it will be something that they will always remember and maybe one of them will be up there someday!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

That's so fun you took your girls! And I'm jealous you went again! :) That sucks about the car wreck, glad you were all ok.