We finally made it to the mountain! We gave the kids ski/snowboard lessons for Christmas and after several failed attempts to get to a mountain, we finally did it! We took our girls out of school on Friday and left the house at 6:30am-ish. We met our friends the Hansen family and dropped off the girls. This is Sydney waiting anxiously for lessons to begin. She wasn't too thrilled with the idea and yet she was brilliant! They practiced on the Magic Carpet (bunny hill) for an hour, had a cocoa break and then went up the chair lift! I was so scared for her, but she had a blast and is our little fearless kid!
Taylor and her friend R took a snowboarding class and fell in love with the sport! Her instructor said that Taylor reminded her of herself when she was starting out, athletic, excited to learn and picked it up so quickly! She also got to head up on the chair lift and did awsome! Now all she wants for her birthday is gear to snowboard!
Look at my handsome husband!
It was snowing lightly when we arrived, but the sun came out and it was beautiful! I didn't even wear my gloves it was so nice. About four pm the weather changed and a fog bank rolled in, it got cold quick! We found this bunch of trees where the snow had piled up around them creating a bowl of snow! Bryant and B had so much fun sliding down, we spent most of our time here. Janae and I took turns watching the boys and getting peaks at the kids skiing/snowboarding. The dads were able to ski on their own during the first two hours of lessons, then we stopped for lunch (the kids were fed pizza as part of the lesson package) and then the kids finished with another two hours of lessons. After lessons, the dads skied with everyone for a while. By six everyone was tired and sore! What a fun wonderful day!

1 comment:
I'm really missing snow skiing right about now. :) I'm glad the girls liked snowboarding/skiing! I think that if I hadn't learned when I was young, I wouldn't have liked it later in life! :)
Post a Comment