This is our garden, we've extended it a few feet towards the weeping cherry tree in the back there. I've gotten peas, beans, onions, lettuce and herbs planted already. Tonight I'm hoping to get my cucumbers, squash, zucchini, carrots, hot and bell peppers planted by seed. I'm so excited, I love to watch things grow!
Along this fence we have three blueberry bushes that are on their second year, hopefully we'll get more berries this year. And behind them are the thornless Raspberries. We didn't get any berries last year, but they are looking strong this year already. We've given tons of starts away too. I can still give more if anyone is interested...
I decided to buy some bare root trees, this is a mixed pear tree and the other one is a mixed apple tree, not pictured. They are finally starting to show signs of life and I can't wait to see if we'll get fruit this year or not...they are dwarf trees and should only get about 10-15 feet tall. Perfect to block the view into the neighbor's backyard as they are the only other neighbors that actually use their backyard too! Maybe we scare the others away because we are so loud, hmmmmm....
8 comments:
That looks so awesome! Can you come and plant mine now?
if i could only have one source of food in my yard it would be our raspberries! i love them. we have thornless blackberries...i wish they were seedless instead! way to go on your garden, we are a little behind.
Wow. I'm impressed. Maybe I'll have you come help me with mine ;-). You should come to the gardening enrichment tomorrow and give us some tips!
Im jealous, come help me do mine. I want it done but someone else to do it. Hope it all grows well/.
Wow, I am so impressed! I may have to take you up on some raspberrie starts. How late can I plant them?
Nice!! I've still got a lot of work to do.
I might be peppering you with gardening questions soon!
Congratulations on getting your garden up! Those raspberries will take over the rest of your garden if you're not careful :) With all the prepping I do, this is one thing I have not done.
http://preparednesspro.wordpress.com
Post a Comment