Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Camping on I-90

Last weekend we went camping with four other families at Lake Easton State Park off of I-90, and I mean one football field away from the highway. We named it our "river" and hoped the "river" would turn into white noise for us. Nope...didn't work. I thought it would lull me to sleep, it kept me up all night. I think everyone else slept well, except the ones with babies. :) It was beautiful, we went on a couple of wonderful hikes and the kids did well, Bryant got a lift from Daddy though. Bryant fell off of these rocks several times while trying to jump from one to the other.

Lake Easton was so beautiful! We never got in as it was too cold outside!
The lake is right there and it drops off and Tay is climbing on the roots of the tree over the water!

Bryant was for some reason facinated for about ten minutes with the chain on Syd's bike and how it worked...

Taylor is the furthest left in the boy group and Sydney is the furthest left of the girl group... he he! Betcha' couldn't call that one?!

3 comments:

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Love those pictures! The one of the kids standing on the rocks is pretty cool! We had a fun time and next year we'll bring our back-packs for the kids so we can hike with you all. :)

Michelle said...

It's so beautiful, it's amazing that there's a freeway right next it. The water is gorgeous. You guys are camping fools. I need to get pointers on where to go so we can take our kids camping more often.

I completely understand about the noise. It's so quiet here at home that the first thing I noticed about Ensign ranch at girls camp was the noise. Everyone was "getting back to nature" and I was thinking, "I feel more in nature on the farm!"

kacie said...

Fun! I miss the good old camping days. I need to do it more but its to hot here.