Friday, April 9, 2010

I want to ski...

Today we headed back up to Stevens Pass to ski/snowboard. It was such a beautiful day! We had light snow, heavy snow, fog and plenty of sunshine! I think we all got some sun on our faces. Funny thing is...I didn't even think of using sunscreen. When it is so cold all the time, that is the last thing I think of. OOPS! After our last trip to the mountain in February, Bryant was so bummed he didn't get to ski, so this time we put him in a lesson. Taylor did two lessons and Sydney did one lesson (didn't see them all day) and then skiied with Dad for the afternoon! Bryant did awesome! It was so cute to see him race down the little hill they call the Magic Carpet. He couldn't turn or slow down, so he would just rip down the little hill as fast as he could and smiling all the way! I had an "Aha" moment today while watching him speed race...my baby is now five and is becoming more independent of me and wants to be able to do what everyone else is doing and can now! The sad thing about today is that I forgot to take my camera... I was planning on skiing and so therefore didn't even think about taking photos. I decided not to last minute when we were putting Bry in class, I was a bit nervous he wouldn't behave. I was so mad that I had forgotten it! I always have my camera with me, darn! I did take some on my phone, but I don't know how to get them to my computer! So this is a photo of Bryant from February on the mountain. Great day! I asked the kids if they wanted to give up Christmas for season lift passes next year... they were undecided for now.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

With all that energy Bryant could be the next Shaun White. I say, get him to the mountain. Or the soccer field. Or the basketball court. Maybe running???