Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Look at my tough son...he wouldn't smile at all for me! Bryant's preschool took a field trip to the Spooner's Pumpkin Patch in Puyallup, which is 40 minutes away! It was fun though, especially for not knowing anyone. Two of Bryant's classmates were there and so I talked a bit with their parents. I would like to know why so many dads are available to go on a field trip to the pumpkin patch at 9:45 am?
Bry picked up and kept the first pumpkin he saw in the field...
There's a smile! We had to make our way through a rope maze to get to the slide and the music area!
This was Bryant's favorite thing! They had all kinds of stuff hanging on chain from pipe with mallets to bang on the items with. Big swing at that cast iron pan!
I loved the wrenches!
We had fun getting lost in the corn maze. Turns out we were supposed to pay to enjoy this...$6 per person! Really? Good thing we didn't know or we wouldn't have gone in. The lady just looked at us and our friends when we came out and asked if we'd paid to get in...we told her it was open and no one was there to tell us otherwise and another parent said they had it open for the preschoolers to go in...hmmm! Got lucky on that one, I guess! Did I ever tell you about the time I got lost in a hedge maze in England for an hour and a half!!! That was horrible!

3 comments:

lydia moyer said...

wow the price you have to pay for good old fashion fun these days! i'm with you on the dad thing...are wives actually making husbands take a day off for this stuff or are husbands becoming mr. moms? and the whole getting lost in the maze isn't quite as cool if it didn't happen in england:)

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

How fun! I love all the pumpkin patches around here. Oh, and I think Bry looks so cute with his hair buzzed! :) He looks so grown up.

The Wi Family said...

That looks like a fun place! I've got to take the girls somewhere too.