Friday, July 24, 2009

The Garden in July

Here is the garden again, this time we have some maturing plants. Taylor is hunting for that perfect carrot... they are still only about three or four inches and skinny, but tasty.
OOOOh, I can hardly wait for these to ripen up. I love a good tomato with salt and mozzarella cheese! Over the years I just haven't had much luck in growing that nice, big, juicy beefsteak tomato... it has eluded me every year! I hope these will turn out nice for me, finally.
I've only had one of these little beauties turn nice and red so far.
Besides a good tomato... there is nothing better from the garden than zucchini and crook neck squash! Yummy! How are your gardens doing?

3 comments:

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

You are amazing! I'm going to have to get tips from you next year. Pending we get all the dang ivy and blackberry bushes pulled! lol Oh, and if your tomatoes don't ripen, nothin' better than fried green tomatoes! :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful garden!

Mandy said...

I just came in from taking a few pictures of our garden! We have some yellow squash so far and a few ripe roma tomatoes. Nothing like yours!