Thursday, July 16, 2009

Utah II

Did I tell you it was so hot while we were in Utah?  It was hot, hot!  I just am not used to that heat anymore at all!  We headed to the Family Fun Center to go bowling, but had to wait for a couple of lanes to open up, so we found the arcade and spent $30 on stupid games!  Taylor liked the basketball game and she also did lazer tag with her Uncle and had fun.
Bryant was grumpy and tired and didn't last his whole game and ended up in the van with Todd in "Time Out".  He did have fun for awhile.  I think it would have been more fun if we'd had one of the ramps.  The bowling alley only had two and they were really busy that day.  Look at his cute little bowling shoes!  My niece wanted to bowl but refused to wear the shoes, so she just sat and watched everyone else have fun...
Sydney needed the ramp too, her release was a bit high... look below for her reaction as it hit the ground!

We met my sister and her family at the city of Clearfield Fourth of July parade.  The first half was every emergency vehicle in the state, and they all had their sirens blaring!  It was really loud and it grew old real fast. They did all throw candy, salt water taffy, that is!  Then we had some politicians in cars, two horses, clowns on quads, then the cool cars came through.  I'm kidding, this was so hilarious, I was laughing out loud, funny!  There was one '56 Mustang, all the rest were like Chevy Cobalt's, Prius, Camry... that sort of thing souped up.  My sister annouced that the street racers were here!  The funny thing was is that a police car was following along beside them... just in case they decided to race, I guess!


My parents live on a nice big cul de sac and so we had plenty of room to light off the fireworks.  The kids loved the sparklers, I hated the misquitos!
This is my brother in law, Brad.  He kept trying to rig the fireworks to make them bigger and better by taping them together.  I think they were all duds in the end.  Maybe next year, Brad...  I must admit, fireworks these days aren't as spectacular  as I remember them being as a kid.  They used to have more colors than white, purple, green and red, didn't they?  We bought a pack from Costco and it wasn't anything great at all.  Hopefully the kids had fun though.  We had a great time visiting Utah, despite the heat.  Thank goodness for A/C!  Grandma is a professional photographer and she got some great shots of the kids... I can't wait to see them again!  Thanks Grandma Ryan!
In my parents neighborhood everyone digs a whole to put their trampolines over.  The problem with that is drainage!  The kids aren't heavy enough, but if an adult jumps, their feet, back, or bum end up wet with icky, swamp water!

No comments: