The Mule was a great way to see the property. My brother's boss owns the house we stayed in and half the mountain surrounding it too. My sister and her family brought their four wheelers and mountain bikes.
I did bring my laptop so the kids could watch movies on and off, since there wasn't a TV. When we first got there, Sydney jumped into this chair and then noticed a dead mouse lying on the floor in front of her! We found another one on the stairs to the basement. This "cabin" was fully functioning and even had sulferic water! Showering in rotten egg smell was a treat! Drinking it was even better... memories!
I bought a bead kit, the one that you place on the pokey board and then iron to melt them together... a huge hit! The kids used more than 3/4 of the beads, fun!
We are watching a deer near the sheds.
Just relaxing! I got a nice tan out of the week there...
Our cousin Jaden showed Bryant her favorite rock throwing spot and they had a blast throwing rocks into the river.
Believe it or not, but Sydney is our dare devil! She loved riding the mini quad, until she crashed into the shed, that is!
Taylor loved fishing in the creek and is trying to get unhooked from the branches in the water...
This is what I got... a tick bite! I was taking a shower on a Tuesday morning and felt something on my back. I wiped my hand over the spot for a second time to see what it was... a bug, a bug!!! So I grabbed it and it stuck to my finger, gross! I luckily thought to save it on the edge until I was done to show someone else. It was a tick! So there I am standing all wrapped up in my towel freaking out, while my brother in law did surgery on me in the middle of nowhere with a safety pin! They could see the head, but couldn't get to it. I not knowing what I was doing by ripping the bug off of me had left the head inside my body! Had I known, you are supposed to heat up the bug, so it will back itself out, then you kill it! Ugh! So two days later, my Dad used his magnifying glasses to do surgery once again on my shoulder/back and did get it out. By this time the head had turned white-ish and how he found it, I will never know. Gross!!
This is where we held the Ryan Family Reunion in Troy, Oregon. The "cabin" and out buildings are to the left of the river at the bend. It was so beautiful and peaceful there and we were lucky to not have seen a rattle snake! It was a long week, but really fun!
2 comments:
EEEWWWW! I'm always paranoid about ticks. I'm so glad they got it all out. Where did you buy the bead kit? That would be a huge hit a the family reunion we're doing here!
Ew! Ew! Ew! I can't believe you were bit by a tick and saw (part of) it. Ew! We loved those bead things when we were younger. My grandma still has a heart I made her stuck to a door in her house. I also cannot believe that you drank that water. You are so tough and brave!
Post a Comment